Sharmake Mohamud: Next hearing set for quintet charged with murder
- Credit: Met Police
A new hearing date has been set for the five males charged with the murder of Newham man Sharmake Mohamud.
The Manor Park resident died as a result of a gunshot wound received during an incident in Green Lanes, near the junction with West Green Road in Haringey.
Two other men – aged in their 20s and 30s – were also injured during the incident, but have both now been discharged from hospital.
Rashed Musa, 24, of North Circular Road, N13, has been charged with murder.
Alongside Musa, 21-year-old Mehdi Younes, of Bowes Road in Arnos Grove and 24-year-old Abdul Mohamed, of Corinium Close in Wembley, have also been charged.
Two 16-year-old males have also been charged as above.
All five males have additionally been charged with the attempted murder of two other men.
A sixth male - aged 14 - has been charged with perverting the course of justice.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
Following a hearing at Thames Magistrates' Court today - Saturday, November 20 - all five males charged with murder and attempted murder have been remanded to appear before the Old Bailey on November 23.
Musa, Younes and Mohamed have been remanded into custody, while the two 16-year-old males have been remanded into youth detention accommodation.
The sixth male has been released on conditional bail.
Ali Cessay, 28, of no fixed address, was previously charged with murder, two counts of attempted murder and possession of a prohibited weapon.
He appeared at the Old Bailey on November 1 and will next appear at the same court on January 17, 2022.
Four men aged in their early 20s, who were arrested on suspicion of murder on September 22, have all now been released by police with no further action.