Man arrested by police probing fatal stabbing in Plaistow
- Credit: PA
A man has been arrested by officers investigating the murder of Elliot Francique.
Despite treatment by paramedics he died at the scene.
A man, also aged 20, was arrested on suspicion of murder earlier today (Wednesday, April 27).
He was taken into custody, where he remains.
After stabbing the victim several times, the perpetrator left scene on foot - firstly onto Park Grove and from there towards Chad Green.
Det Ch Insp Kelly Allen, leading the probe, said: “Our investigation is making good progress and we have carried out door to door enquiries and examined hours of CCTV footage.
“I am grateful to those people who have already come forward to speak with us and urge anyone with information who hasn’t yet been in touch to call us without delay."
- 1 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 2 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 3 Custom House school showing evidence of becoming outstanding, Ofsted says
- 4 Newham invites community to explore NHS jobs at local fair
- 5 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 6 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
- 7 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 8 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 9 Firefighters believe cigarettes caused four-hour Beckton blaze
- 10 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
Anyone with information is asked to call 0208 3451 570 or 101 as the non-emergency number - quoting 4484/19APR.