Newham business owners aim to inspire next generation of entrepreneurs
- Credit: Archant
Helping to encourage the next generation of entrepreneurs is one of the key aims of a new club for Newham business owners.
Fesus Akinbusoye, who founded Newham Conservatives Business Club, says young people are often unsure of how to turn their ideas into a reality.
“I really believe that business can be a driver in promoting social mobility,” he said. “There is a general trend at the moment to get everyone to go to university or get a job but I find that a lot of young kids have very good business ideas but they don’t know where to start.
“In Newham we have got such huge challenges with youth unemployment and what we are trying to do is try and use our collective resources to encourage and provide access to our networks, especially for young people.”
The club was launched last month with an appearance by Nadhim Zahawi, who co-founded internet based market research firm YouGov before turning his hand to politics.
You may also want to watch:
Regular seminars will be held in the coming months. For more information, call 020 3012 2018 or email@example.com
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?