Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales invites everyone to his show
- Credit: Newham Cll PR
I am looking forward to welcoming Newham residents, with family and friends, to the Mayor’s Newham Show next weekend, (July 12 - 13, from noon to 6pm). In Central Park, East Ham, we’ll come together for a free weekend of fun, activities and high quality entertainment.
Although there’s something for everyone, the event is focused on families as we begin our largest ever programme of Newham events to help parents keep our youngest residents entertained and active throughout the long summer months.
CBeebies’ favourites Bob the Builder and Mr Bloom are sure to be a huge hit. Our two stages will be buzzing throughout the weekend with something for everyone from the best local talent and some very special guests.
I have two duties which I seem to enjoy more every year. Firstly, I will set off the Mayor’s Newham Carnival at 2pm on Saturday. Councillors and I will be joining in with school pupils and local community groups who will bring the streets around Central Park alive with brightly coloured costumes and samba rhythms. Why not come along and have a boogie with us?
Secondly, I’ll be helping to judge the Best in Show winners from residents’ cakes, jams and chutney. Go on, get the cookbook off the shelf and bring along your best efforts.
As well as opportunities to meet your local councillors, we’ll be joined by partners with information for residents on jobs, skills, health, sport and so much more. And there is the opportunity to enter your child in the Newham Recorder’s ever popular Cute Kids competition.
We’ve expanded some of the most popular areas, including a challenging and interactive Alice in Wonderland children’s zone of puzzles, activities and prizes. Near the Cenotaph we’ve secured an exhibition to mark the centenary of World War I including a replica trench so we can all see what life was like for soldiers and residents n 1914.
- 1 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 7 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 8 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 9 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 10 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
It should be a great weekend come rain, or hopefully, shine. So come along, bring your family, friends and neighbours, have a great time and don’t forget to say hello.
For more information on the Mayor’s Newham Show and other summer events and activities