Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales invites everyone to his show
- Credit: Newham Cll PR
I am looking forward to welcoming Newham residents, with family and friends, to the Mayor’s Newham Show next weekend, (July 12 - 13, from noon to 6pm). In Central Park, East Ham, we’ll come together for a free weekend of fun, activities and high quality entertainment.
Although there’s something for everyone, the event is focused on families as we begin our largest ever programme of Newham events to help parents keep our youngest residents entertained and active throughout the long summer months.
CBeebies’ favourites Bob the Builder and Mr Bloom are sure to be a huge hit. Our two stages will be buzzing throughout the weekend with something for everyone from the best local talent and some very special guests.
I have two duties which I seem to enjoy more every year. Firstly, I will set off the Mayor’s Newham Carnival at 2pm on Saturday. Councillors and I will be joining in with school pupils and local community groups who will bring the streets around Central Park alive with brightly coloured costumes and samba rhythms. Why not come along and have a boogie with us?
Secondly, I’ll be helping to judge the Best in Show winners from residents’ cakes, jams and chutney. Go on, get the cookbook off the shelf and bring along your best efforts.
You may also want to watch:
As well as opportunities to meet your local councillors, we’ll be joined by partners with information for residents on jobs, skills, health, sport and so much more. And there is the opportunity to enter your child in the Newham Recorder’s ever popular Cute Kids competition.
We’ve expanded some of the most popular areas, including a challenging and interactive Alice in Wonderland children’s zone of puzzles, activities and prizes. Near the Cenotaph we’ve secured an exhibition to mark the centenary of World War I including a replica trench so we can all see what life was like for soldiers and residents n 1914.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
It should be a great weekend come rain, or hopefully, shine. So come along, bring your family, friends and neighbours, have a great time and don’t forget to say hello.
For more information on the Mayor’s Newham Show and other summer events and activities