How many Covid patients are in east London hospitals amid booster blitz
- Credit: PA
With people up and down the country rushing to get booster jabs, how many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals at the moment?
Figures from Barts Health NHS Trust show there were 154 cases of lab-confirmed Covid across its five hospitals as of this morning (December 16).
This compares with 130 on December 10.
A total of 37 of those patients were being treated in critical care beds, or receiving enhanced levels of oxygen.
Fifteen of the current cases were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours.
Barts Health runs The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, Mile End Hospital and Newham Hospital in Plaistow.
Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge, and St Bartholomew's in the City of London are also managed by the trust.
Throughout the pandemic, a total of 2,036 patients admitted with confirmed Covid had died across the hospitals as of 5pm yesterday (December 15).
- 1 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 2 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 4 Start date revealed for next Bishop of Barking after consecration
- 5 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 6 Newport's Norman sends Leyton Orient to late defeat
- 7 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 8 Get involved in London's first Great Mental Health Day
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Send us your stories and pictures with the Queen
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
Another 21,923 people with Covid have recovered and been discharged in that time.