Covid cases and patients in critical care at Barts Health hospitals
- Credit: David Mirzoeff
More than one in four Covid patients at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals are in critical care.
There were 130 cases of laboratory-confirmed Covid-19 across the five Barts Health hospitals - four of which are in east London - as of 8am today (December 10).
Twelve of those patients were diagnosed within the previous 24 hours, according to the latest figures from the trust.
A total of 34 patients with confirmed Covid (26pc) are being treated in critical care beds, or are receiving enhanced levels of oxygen.
The trust runs Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, Mile End Hospital, Newham Hospital in Plaistow and Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge.
The other is St Bartholomew's in the City of London.
As of 5pm yesterday - December 9 - a total of 2,023 patients admitted with Covid-19 during the pandemic have died at Barts Health hospitals.
Another 21,644 Covid patients have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 5 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats