Former St Bonaventure’s pupil bags Tarzan film role
- Credit: Faye Thomas
A former St Bonaventure’s pupil is swinging his way to the jungle after he bagged a role in the new Tarzan movie.
Charles Babalola, who went on to study drama at Havering College, is now rubbing shoulders with Hollywood A-listers such as Samuel L Jackson, Alexander Skarsgård and Margot Robbie.
The 23-year-old secured the supporting role in the new film during his last week of drama school at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) after his agent put him forward for the audition.
He was invited the Warner Bros Studios in Leavesden where he got his costume fitted and director David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter movies, offered him the part personally.
“This is the biggest break I have had so far by a mile,” Charles said.
“I have auditioned for a few things this year but leaving drama school is the time when you are looking to bag your first job.”
Filming has already started on the production and Charles will be appearing in a couple of scenes, but couldn’t say more than that as he is sworn to secrecy by movie bosses.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 We want everyone to contribute says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
Charles is already pretty much best friends with Pulp Fiction legend Samuel L Jackson.
Well, they sat next to each other in the make up trailer in one “pretty surreal” experience.
“He was nice and friendly, speaking to me about my role in the film,” Charles said.
“He was talking about his deaths in different films and was really friendly.”
Tarzan is set for release in 2016.