Police name man fatally stabbed in Stratford and make arrests
- Credit: Met Police
Police have named a man who was fatally stabbed in Stratford and arrested three people on suspicion of murder.
Michael Fadeyibi, 23, was pronounced dead at the scene after being found with a stab wound to his neck in Henniker Road in the early hours of Friday, August 6.
A post-mortem examination the following day gave the preliminary cause of death as a brain haemorrhage.
A 19-year-old man, who was also found at the scene with stab injuries and taken to hospital in a non-life-threatening condition, was later arrested on suspicion of murder.
He was bailed pending further enquiries until early September.
Yesterday (August 8), a 22-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy were also arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody.
Two 24-year-old men and a 19-year-old woman were arrested the same day on suspicion of assisting an offender and also remain in custody.
Officers from the Met's specialist crime command continue to investigate the circumstances of the incident and would like to hear from any witnesses they haven't spoken to yet.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or call 101 quoting CAD 516/06AUG.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.