Man dead after double stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Supplied
A man died from a neck wound after a double stabbing in Stratford.
Police were called at 1.41am today (Friday, August 6) to reports of a stabbing in Henniker Road and found two men with injuries.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "A 23-year-old man had suffered a stab wound to his neck and was pronounced dead at the scene.
"His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.
"A 19-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital where his condition was assessed as non-life-threatening."
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene remains in place.
Leytonstone Road is currently closed between Gurney Road and Forest Lane.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
Police say no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call 020 8345 1570 or call 101 quoting CAD 516/06Aug.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.