Man dead after double stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Supplied
A man died from a neck wound after a double stabbing in Stratford.
Police were called at 1.41am today (Friday, August 6) to reports of a stabbing in Henniker Road and found two men with injuries.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "A 23-year-old man had suffered a stab wound to his neck and was pronounced dead at the scene.
"His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.
"A 19-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital where his condition was assessed as non-life-threatening."
A crime scene remains in place.
Leytonstone Road is currently closed between Gurney Road and Forest Lane.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
Police say no arrests have been made at this stage.
Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call 020 8345 1570 or call 101 quoting CAD 516/06Aug.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.