Feeling hungry? Europe’s biggest chicken wing festival coming to Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Europe’s largest celebration of chicken wings is coming to Stratford next month.
Wing Fest, to be held at the London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on September 7 and 8, will feature 35 contestants from across the country working their culinary magic.
The annual event showcases the best chicken wings the UK has to offer, with 10,000 ticketholders and a judging panel deciding who really does the best.
This year, 120,000 wings are expected to be served by different street food traders, restaurants and barbecue teams.
The festival also featuring wing eating competitions, cooking demonstrations and barbecue tips, wing roulette wheels, bourbon masterclasses, fairground attractions, axe throwing, roaming musicians and live entertainment, including blues music on both days and DJs into the night.
You may also want to watch:
Wing Fest founder Richard Thacker said: "We are now the largest chicken wing festival in Europe."
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 8 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 9 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings