Feeling hungry? Europe’s biggest chicken wing festival coming to Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Europe’s largest celebration of chicken wings is coming to Stratford next month.
Wing Fest, to be held at the London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on September 7 and 8, will feature 35 contestants from across the country working their culinary magic.
The annual event showcases the best chicken wings the UK has to offer, with 10,000 ticketholders and a judging panel deciding who really does the best.
This year, 120,000 wings are expected to be served by different street food traders, restaurants and barbecue teams.
The festival also featuring wing eating competitions, cooking demonstrations and barbecue tips, wing roulette wheels, bourbon masterclasses, fairground attractions, axe throwing, roaming musicians and live entertainment, including blues music on both days and DJs into the night.
You may also want to watch:
Wing Fest founder Richard Thacker said: "We are now the largest chicken wing festival in Europe."
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 7 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases