Plan your weekend with our what's on guide for east London
- Credit: Roof East
Although summer may have nearly come to an end, there's still plenty happening in east London this coming weekend.
Whether it's an event celebrating young people coming out of lockdown, a street art walking tour, or a TikTok dance class, the first weekend of September has something for everyone.
Here's our guide to some of the things to do across east London on Saturday and Sunday, September 4 and 5.
Thank YOUth Music Event
When: Sunday, September 5/11am-4pm
You may also want to watch:
Where: Romford Market, RM1 3ER
Intended to celebrate young people coming out of lockdown, this mini festival will centre around youth performances - mixed in with music from DJ Pebz.
A full list of artists can be found on the council's website.
- 1 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 2 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 7 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 8 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 9 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 10 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
Street Art Walking Tour
When: Saturday and Sunday, September 4/5/11am and 3.30pm
Where: Shoreditch High Street Station, Braithwaite Street, E1 6PJ
This street art tour aims to take people back in time to see how the areas around Brick Lane - once home to Jack the Ripper’s victims - became a must-see in London.
TikTok Dance Class
When: Saturday, September 4/3pm-3.45pm
Where: Roof East, Great Eastern Road, E15 1BB
Hosted by Pineapple Dance Studios, this 45-minute class will be led by TikTok influencer Tarek Khwiss.
All proceeds raised will be going to homeless charity Centrepoint.
Family Fun Day
When: Saturday, September 4/11am-3pm
Where: SPACE Ilford, 10 Oakfield Rd, IG1 1ZJ
Held in the gallery as part of new community exhibition Reflections of care, people are invited to attend the free textile workshop and create their own artwork.
There will also be a chance to meet the artists involved in producing the exhibition.
Open House Festival
When: September 4-12
Where: Various locations across east London
This year's festival will see a series of events take place at some of the capital's most impressive landmarks.
It is organised by Open City, a charity which strives to make London and its architecture more open and accessible to all.
We've picked out a small selection of what's on across east London.
Havering: Havering Museum
Redbridge: Christ Church
Barking and Dagenham: Gaia at Barking Riverside
Tower Hamlets: Canary Crooners
Newham: Abbey Mills Pumping Station