Hollyoaks actor features in Stratford Circus play shining spotlight on racism in football
- Credit: Archant
A play that shines a spotlight on racism in football featuring a Hollyoaks actor is coming to Stratford Circus Arts Centre.
Award-winning theatre company 20 Stories High is presenting The Spine on February 25 and 26.
Directed by Nathan Powell, The Spine follows three friends on a football team as they work towards playing in the Premier League.
As the dream of playing professionally draws nearer, the strength of their friendship is put to the test and they are faced with new challenges of racism and hyper-masculinity within the football system.
Nathan says: "Behind the glitz and glamour of the beautiful game, there are young boys, growing up in the academy system and trying to figure out their place in the world.
You may also want to watch:
"Friendship, toxic-masculinity, racism - through The Spine, I wanted to show the incredible pressures these young men face."
Among the cast is Keith Rice who played Finn O'Connor in Hollyoaks.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 8 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 9 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
Tickets are £10. Visit stratford-circus.com for more information.