Share Newham memories at pop up heritage museum in Stratford
Share your memories and stories at Newham’s pop up museum which will be running a series of events until the end of October.
From 2pm today, The People’s Museum and Gallery of Newham in Stratford will hold a Reminiscence Session for residents past and present to talk of times past.
Photographer Mark Steel will be giving a talk from 6.30pm about his exhibition called ‘The Olympic Park Before Development’, documenting the site prior to the announcement of the bid.
Saturday brings the work of Stratford Village Artist Alison Marchant to the museum for a Family Artist Workshop from 2pm to 4pm to produce pieces for an exhibition at the end of September.
Curated by Eastside Community Heritage, the museum aims to tell working class stories of the last century through a programme of workshops, exhibitions, films, and talks.
You may also want to watch:
The People’s Museum and Gallery of Newham is at 306 High Street, Stratford, E15 1AJ.
To book spaces for any of these events and for group bookings, phone Claire on 020 8553 4343 or email email@example.com.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
For more information on upcoming events, visit www.hidden-histories.org.uk or follow @EastsideCH on Twitter.