Royal Albert Wharf event offers peak inside new gallery
- Credit: Rob Harris, courtesy of Bow Arts
A day of art activities and tours of artists' studios is being held at Royal Albert Wharf.
Visitors are promised a first look at Bow Arts' new gallery space during the event on Saturday, July 24 from 11am to 5pm.
There will also be an opportunity to explore artists’ studios and a chance to tour apartments at the development.
The gallery's first show celebrates the development’s history and features more than 70 artists.
People will be offered the chance to meet creative types at Bow Arts’ RAW Labs and take part in free workshops. Artists are hosting events in Pumphouse Square.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers, housing association Notting Hill Genesis and educational charity Bow Arts, are involved in Royal Albert Wharf's regeneration.
Part of their aim is to form a new creative hub in east London.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens music studio in Canning Town
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
James Munson, head of marketing at Notting Hill Genesis sales, said: "We’re delighted to welcome the community to Royal Albert Wharf."
Joss Taylor, head of enterprise and placemaking at Bow Arts, said: "Our artists at the docks are very excited to celebrate this summer with the community."
The event is due to take place at Upper Dock Walk.