Rankin to judge dogs at Spitalfields market canine fashion show
- Credit: Archant
Fancy having your dog judged by Rankin?
That’s the unlikely proposition on offer with the return of Spitalfield market’s third canine couture fashion show on Bank Holiday Monday.
The third annual “paw pageant” - the biggest event in London’s doggie social calendar, no less - brings together canine lovers, fashion and a whole host of dogs to raise money for Battersea Dog and Cats home.
Organiser Lilly Shahravesh, founder and designer of luxury label LoveMyDog, says it’s a golden opportunity for a dog love-in.
“Everybody who is involved does so on a voluntary basis and what we all have in common is a love of dogs,” she said. “It’s a good laugh and a great day out.”
You may also want to watch:
Lilly’s designs are modelled by dogs of all shapes and sizes to an enthralled crowd, followed by members of the public dressing up their own dogs according to five categories (including the pun-friendly dressed up to the canines and paw-fection) before being judged by Rankin and model Tuuli Shipster.
“They have always been absolutely on board and and involved in the process and helped quite a lot and building the event up,” Lilly explained.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 3 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 7 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
“We all want to raise the profile of Battersea as much as possible and that is the thing that drives us forward.”
Exclusive competitions on the day include a photo competition where attendees can use the hashtag #pawpageant2014 to be in with the chance of winning a £50 market voucher.
Dog owners will also have the chance to win a luxury outfit for their pooch from LoveMyDog’s new A/W collection.
*Entering your dog in the paw pageant costs £8 in advance or £10 on the day, with all proceeds going to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
To pre-register your dog, contact Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org