Plaistow exhibition showcases art by people who live, work or study in E13
- Credit: Archant
A community arts exhibition showcasing talent from the borough is open in Plaistow.
The free exhibition, called pl.artshow2019, features 74 works by 34 participants aged eight to 80, including drawings, paintings, printmaking, photography, textiles, jewellery and collage.
Exhibits are drawn from people who live, work, study, worship or attend community groups within the E13 postcode area.
Curator Eva Price said: "This is a thrilling opportunity to promote arts in the community.
"There is so much talent out there and art touches people's lives in so many ways."
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until July 17 at Tower Gallery, which is housed in the east tower of Memorial Community Church, Barking Road.
Opening times this week are Wednesday, 4pm-6pm; Friday, 6pm-8pm; and Saturday, 2pm-4pm.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
Next week, it is open Monday, July 15, 6pm-8pm, Tuesday, July 16, noon-2pm, with a closing event on Wednesday, July 17, 7pm-9pm.
There is a slideshow of work on the ground floor for those who cannot manage the gallery stairwell.