Cookie dough covered Scotch eggs and delicious halal food earn Newham eateries Deliveroo gongs
- Credit: Archant
Two eateries in the borough have been recognised in the inaugural Deliveroo Restaurant Awards.
Westfield Stratford City dessert shop My Cookie Dough won most innovative dish and Forest Gate Chinese restaurant Panda's Kitchen took out the best halal award, after receiving the most votes of the six finalists in their respective categories.
My Cookie Dough was awarded for its limited edition Scotch creme egg - a molten crème egg wrapped in triple chocolate brownie flavoured cookie dough, coated in Biscoff crumbs and freshly baked.
Kyle Meeser from My Cookie Dough said: "It's fantastic to win this award, and means that much more as it was voted for by our beloved fans."
Panda's Kitchen offers favourites such as Beijing pancakes and Mongolian lamb.
You may also want to watch:
More than 70,000 votes were cast by the public to determine winners across 19 categories, including best vegan offering, best brunch and most Instagrammable dish.
The winning restaurants will receive support from Deliveroo to grow their business, and be part of an upcoming marketing campaign worth up to £30,000.
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed