New club night Guilty Pleasures at Aldgate bar
- Credit: Archant
A new club night will be opening up on the outskirts of the City on Thurs Sep 12 which promises to be as indulgent as it is entertaining.
Guilty Pleasures will launch as a regular weekly event at Mary Janes Bar in the Minories, Aldgate, and promoters hope it will be a “sinner’s paradise” for traditionally conservative workers around the financial district.
DJs will spin records encompassing the full pop music spectrum from the 1970s to the present day alongside live singers and cabaret performers, dancers, acrobats, and a troupe of kitsch characters walking around the club.
Founded by BBC London’s Sean Rowley eight years ago, the club has travelled around the UK but it will make Mary Janes its home this week.
The bar has put on a whole range of bespoke food and drink to compliment the sinful theme of the new club night.
You may also want to watch:
Guest can tuck into Naughty Hot Dogs a platter of mini hot dogs with different toppings such as chilli con carne, American mustard, fried onions and melted cheese; or they can gobble up a Dirty Burger, a selection of small sliders with fillings including pulled pork, chorizo, chilli, and cheese.
Guilty Pleasures kicks off at Mary Janes Bar in the Minories, Aldgate, from 12pm to 1pm every Thursday.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover