Music, art and food festival is coming back for a second year to thrill East End
- Credit: Archant
Returning for its second year, the celebrated Visions festival will hit venues across east London on August 2.
A midsummer soundtrack of global alternative music will set the backdrop of the one-day event, which promises to be energetic and diverse.
Headlining the party are renowned music giants including Poliça, Baths, and the legendary jack of all trades, Andrew WK.
Local artists will also exhibit their work as well as a tattoo art show, comic book fair and record fair.
A unique array of food stalls, courtesy of the famous Netil Market collective will be on hand including Lucky Chip burgers, Breddo’s Taco Shack, BAO, popsicles and more.
Visions curators will be joined again this year by partner Sailor Jerry, which will be returning with its signature rum cocktails to quench thirsty partygoers.
From midday, a party celebrating all things rum will light up Netil House’s rooftop, aided by neon art from God’s Own Junkyard.
- 1 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 Defender Adam Thompson returning is a massive boost for Leyton Orient
The Sailor Jerry Party will feature taste collaborations with London’s Psychic Burger as well as murals, hair styling and arm wrestling to while away the summer hours.
Tickets are £25 and are on sale now. For full venue listings and line-ups see visionsfestival.com.