Mural project seeks young people from Newham who care about climate action
- Credit: Ada Jusic
A series of free workshops in mural painting are being offered to young people who care about climate action.
The Fresh Paint project is for youngsters from Newham and is led by artist Ada Jusic from Plaistow.
According to the organisers, participants will be challenged to create something fresh, exciting and moving.
No previous artistic experience is necessary and all abilities can apply, but the project is only on offer to young people aged 16 to 20 from the borough.
Workshops are due to take place at Stour Space, Old Baths, in Hackney Wick. There are bursaries available for anyone needing help with travel expenses.
You may also want to watch:
Those who want to take part need to commit to attending one two-hour workshop and at least two mural painting drop-in sessions. Anyone who completes five out of eight sessions will be awarded a £50 art voucher.
There are workshops every Saturday from June 26 to August 14. One of these is to include a guest appearance by mural artist Gary Drostle.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 6 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 9 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Materials and refreshments will be provided. For more information, email email@example.com