US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- Credit: Popeyes UK
US fast-food chain Popeyes is set to open its first UK restaurant in Stratford.
The fried chicken brand, which has 3,400 restaurants globally, has announced it will open a site in Westfield Stratford City in November.
It follows an announcement early this year that Popeyes would be launching in the UK, with more locations to be unveiled soon.
Popeyes UK chief executive Tom Crowley said: “It’s fantastic to be opening our first UK location, following the months of anticipation and buzz that the news of our arrival generated.
“Our vision for our UK launch is ambitious and bold, and we felt a shared sense of purpose with Westfield Stratford City when we were on the hunt for our first restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that they are the perfect partner to help us kick start our entry into the UK market.”
Popeyes says it will be taking a 1,531 sq ft unit in the shopping centre food court.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Family sends 'heartfelt thanks' after missing East Ham girl found