Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- Credit: Anthony Devlin/PA
A number of restaurants around Newham make a thriving business from serving up classic Indian food.
We asked our readers to share their favourite Indian eateries and takeaways in the borough.
Here are the most recommended places:
This cosy, family-run restaurant in Forest Gate is popular with locals.
You may also want to watch:
Located in Forest Lane by the junction with Woodgrange Road, it prides itself on serving quality, authentic Nepalese and Indian cuisine.
The Wanstead Kitchen
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
This highly-rated Bengali and Bangladeshi restaurant in Pevensey Road in Forest Gate, near Wanstead Flats, was also a popular choice.
Taste of India
This Indian restaurant in High Street North, East Ham - and its vegetarian branch just down the road - were both recommended by readers.
Located in Green Street, this well-known vegetarian restaurant dating back to the 1970s specialises in south Indian dishes.