Vegan burger launches in every London McDonald's
- Credit: McDonald's
A vegan burger has arrived in every London McDonald's branch.
The McPlant is the fast-food chain's first plant-based burger, and as of today - January 5 - it is available in every store across the UK.
It includes a plant-based patty, co-developed with Beyond Meat, coupled with a bespoke vegan cheese and vegan sandwich sauce.
To mark the roll-out, Hackney-born boxing champion Lawrence Okolie gave his seal of approval to the new "knock-out" burger at his training gym.
The McPlant was initially trialled in Coventry in September last year, before arriving at a further 250 stores across the country.
At that time, McDonald’s UK and Ireland chief marketing officer Michelle Graham-Clare said: "We are always looking for different ways to innovate and meet our customers’ needs, and with McPlant we have a delicious plant-based burger that will appeal to everyone.
"Whether you’re vegan or just fancy a plant-based patty, we’re confident you will enjoy the McPlant.”
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 8 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 9 Steven Fry: Canning Town man accused of murder to stand trial
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021