London Halal Food Festival is coming to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: London Halal Food Festival/pardesi.com
A halal food festival is coming to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
London Halal Food Festival is due to be held at London Stadium on September 25 and 26.
The organisers of the show, which previously took place in Wapping, expect to greet thousands of foodies from the UK and abroad.
There will be more than 100 food and drinks stalls, plus a shopping expo showcasing jewellery, home scents, meal kits and kitchen utensils.
Also lined up are cookery demos from celebrity chefs hosted by MasterChef 2012 winner Shelina Permalloo as well as halal eat-off competitions.
The festival is organised by Algebra Consulting. Its managing director Waleed Jahangir said: "We’re excited to be relaunching at London Stadium right in the heart of the community."
You may also want to watch:
Graham Gilmore, London Stadium's chief executive, said: "We are delighted to host this exciting event."
Lyn Garner, chief executive of park guardians at the London Legacy Development Corporation, said: "It’s great to see such a successful festival coming to London Stadium."
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Late Antonio strike helps West Ham stun Leeds
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport