New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- Credit: Asif Khan
A new burger bar opening in Upton Park this month is set to bring 13 new jobs to the area.
Bad-Boyz Diner will open in Green Street on January 28, according to owner Asif Khan.
The Newham-born restaurateur told the Recorder: "I'm branching out to bring something completely different to the market.
"I've got a great passion for food and am very hands-on in the kitchen. I practiced and practiced my recipes until they were perfect.
"I've put my soul into the restaurant and want it to give back to the community."
To mark the opening, Bad-Boyz Diner will be giving away free burgers to the first 100 customers, plus offering all diners on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 50 per cent off.
Asif, who lives near Upton Park station, said ten of the 13 posts created for locals have been filled.
- 1 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 2 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 3 Custom House school showing evidence of becoming outstanding, Ofsted says
- 4 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 5 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 6 Newham invites community to explore NHS jobs at local fair
- 7 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
- 8 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 9 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 10 Firefighters believe cigarettes caused four-hour Beckton blaze
The father-of-two believes his "handcrafted" halal burgers are the "best burgers in town".
The diner's signature dishes include an Angus beef burger, a lamb burger and "The Godfather" - a burger made from both beef and chicken.
Address: 467 Green Street, Upton Park, E13 9AX