Exhibition connects Forest Gate artists to buyers
- Credit: Archant
Creators of fine art in Forest Gate are looking forward to their next exhibition after a successful annual showcase of their work.
More than 70 paintings and drawings by members of the FineArt Forest Gate group were on display at The Gate library during November, with a number of artworks sold.
The fourth annual exhibition featured a mix of classic and contemporary art depicting everything from landscapes to portraits.
Artist Tonia Sagoo said: "The exhibitions are a fabulous platform which allows the artists to reach a multitude of people and to showcase and sell their artwork to visitors from near and far."
A short film about the history of the fine art classes taken by the members and showing them at work premiered on the opening night.
You may also want to watch:
Fine art class teacher Jonathan Waller said: "Our exhibition proved to be very popular with the public."
Visit www.fineartforestgate.co.uk to view and buy artwork from the exhibition or to find out about upcoming events.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes