Forest Gate exhibition celebrates diversity through fine art
- Credit: Archant
A collection of more than 60 works by a diverse group of artists will be showcased at an exhibition in Forest Gate this month.
The fourth annual FineArt Forest Gate exhibition, Diversity Of Creativity, runs from November 6-29 at The Gate library, Woodgrange Road.
It will feature an array of works including paintings, sketches and drawings structured on a variety of themes, showcasing the talent and creativity of community members.
Some of the artwork will be on sale.
Featured artists are members of a fine art class taught by professional artist and Coventry University professor Jonathan Waller at Forest Gate Learning Zone.
You may also want to watch:
Waller said: "My aim is to draw out the students' creativity, regardless of their ability when they first join up to one of the classes.
"It's always so rewarding when you see this happen."
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 9 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases
The FineArt Forest Gate exhibition is supported by Newham Council. Entry is free. Visit fineartforestgate.co.uk to find out more.