Forest Gate exhibition celebrates diversity through fine art
- Credit: Archant
A collection of more than 60 works by a diverse group of artists will be showcased at an exhibition in Forest Gate this month.
The fourth annual FineArt Forest Gate exhibition, Diversity Of Creativity, runs from November 6-29 at The Gate library, Woodgrange Road.
It will feature an array of works including paintings, sketches and drawings structured on a variety of themes, showcasing the talent and creativity of community members.
Some of the artwork will be on sale.
Featured artists are members of a fine art class taught by professional artist and Coventry University professor Jonathan Waller at Forest Gate Learning Zone.
You may also want to watch:
Waller said: "My aim is to draw out the students' creativity, regardless of their ability when they first join up to one of the classes.
"It's always so rewarding when you see this happen."
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed
The FineArt Forest Gate exhibition is supported by Newham Council. Entry is free. Visit fineartforestgate.co.uk to find out more.