East London food festival celebrates Italian cooking
- Credit: Archant
Harnessing the latest trend, beer brand Birra Moretti is taking traditional Italian cooking to the streets on Thursday with an exciting new festival.
Gathered at Factory Seven in Shoreditch, a select bunch of vendors will be serving quality signature dishes from different regions of Italy.
Delicacies on offer will include arancini from Sicily, ravioli from Lombardi and Neapolitan pizza margherita.
Organiser Carly Wilkes said: “We are striving to contemporise the idea of traditional Italian eating with the explosion of street food. It is also really important to the brand that everything it does has authenticity, quality and is traditional.
“The traders either have Italian heritage, background or experience first-hand. They understand the different recipes.
You may also want to watch:
“The creative idea is a ‘gran tour’ where people can travel around Italy by getting an understanding of the different regions.”
Stalls will be run by London gelateria Gelupo, Terrone & Co and Pizza Pilgrims, to name a few.
They will hold tastings and demonstrations and entrants will also be given an introduction to Italian cuisine by host Joe Hurd, the founder of Italian food stall Joey’s Anglo-Italian Good Eats. Visit moretti-gran-tour.designmynight.com to book.
- 1 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 2 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 3 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 6 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford