Descender challenge to be unveiled at ArcelorMittal Orbit this half term
- Credit: Rahil Ahmad
There’s a new challenge to take on at the ArcelorMittal Orbit in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford.
Described as the first experience of its kind in the capital, controlled descent gives thrill-seekers all the buzz of abseiling without them needing the skills.
That's because participants are guided to the ground by a member of the Wire & Sky team.
Starting from 80m up in the air, you'll have the chance to take in views of London and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park before plucking up the courage to step over the edge in your harness.
Initially available from October 20 to 27, prices start from £35.50. Or you can add on a trip down The Slide for £40.50. To take part in the ArcelorMittal Orbit Descender you must be aged 14 or over, be at least 1.2m high and not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
You may also want to watch:
To fit into the harness, you must have a waist below 130cm and thighs under 75cm and weigh under 19 stone. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking