A dog-lovers dream coming to the Royal Docks this weekend
- Credit: Adrienne Hammill / The Kennel Club
Pet lovers can meet cute canines, discover different dog breeds and pick the perfect pooch at the Royal Docks this weekend.
Discover Dogs, a family event run by The Kennel Club, is returning to ExCeL London this Saturday and Sunday (November 20 and 21).
Billed as London’s biggest dog event, there will more than 150 different breeds and rescue dogs to meet, and experts on hand to discuss the distinctive personalities, traits and needs of each.
Discover Dogs will also feature hundreds of stalls and an interactive activity ring for younger visitors.
The event will also support owners by offering advice on how to responsibly buy, train and look after a canine companion.
The Kennel Club events executive Vanessa McAlpine said: “It’s a fun event for any dog lover that celebrates our unique relationship with dogs, as well as vitally educating would-be owners about the importance of choosing the right breed for their lifestyle and making sure they buy a puppy responsibly.
“We will also celebrate our everyday canine superheroes that helped thousands through the pandemic.”
- 1 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 2 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 5 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 6 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Best Western hotel approved despite school opposition
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
Tickets cost £18 for adults and £15 for concessions, with free entry for children under 8.
Visit discoverdogs.org.uk for more information.