Days out for parents and kids in London
- Credit: Contributed
With summer around the corner, it's time to explore the best of what London has to offer for families.
Let's take a look!
1. Summer Family Festival
Where: Throughout the Estate, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB
When: Saturday 29 May – Saturday 28 August
With different activities every weekend for three months, this is the perfect affordable day out.
It started with The Canary of the Wharf Mystery History Family Trail on May 29 and is set to be a summer of movies, music and workshops for the whole family.
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
2. Jump London
Where: Unit 1a, Rippleside, London, IG11 0RJ
When: Monday-Sunday 10am - 10pm
This London trampoline park is a guaranteed energy sapper.
Also home to go-karting, this park boasts more than 120 trampolines across 12 jump zones.
3. Epping Ongar Railway
Where: Epping Ongar Railway, Ongar Station, Station Approach, Ongar, Essex, CM5 9BN
When: Saturday-Sunday (May 22 - June 20)
The longest heritage railway in Essex - and the closest to London - is back in steam.
Alongside its normal services, there will be steam trains running between North Weald and Ongar.
Alongside enjoying this historic railway experience, families can also have a picnic lunch and take in the sights of Ongar.
4. Wellgate Farm
Where: Wellgate Farm, Collier Row Road, Romford, RM5 2BH
When: Daily two-hour slots between 10am-12pm and 1-3pm.
This community farm has reopened its doors after being closed for more than a year.
Families are welcome to come and see the range of animals on-site.
Booking is essential.
5. The ArcelorMittal Orbit
Where: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, E20 2AD
When: Friday-Monday - 11am - 3pm.
The world's longest and tallest tunnel slide has reopened, with families invited to enjoy an exhilarating thrill that boasts 12 separate twists and turns.
Visitors are also treated to a view of London's skyline as they prepare to plummet 178 metres.