Days out for parents and kids in London
- Credit: Contributed
With summer around the corner, it's time to explore the best of what London has to offer for families.
Let's take a look!
1. Summer Family Festival
Where: Throughout the Estate, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB
When: Saturday 29 May – Saturday 28 August
You may also want to watch:
With different activities every weekend for three months, this is the perfect affordable day out.
It started with The Canary of the Wharf Mystery History Family Trail on May 29 and is set to be a summer of movies, music and workshops for the whole family.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
2. Jump London
Where: Unit 1a, Rippleside, London, IG11 0RJ
When: Monday-Sunday 10am - 10pm
This London trampoline park is a guaranteed energy sapper.
Also home to go-karting, this park boasts more than 120 trampolines across 12 jump zones.
3. Epping Ongar Railway
Where: Epping Ongar Railway, Ongar Station, Station Approach, Ongar, Essex, CM5 9BN
When: Saturday-Sunday (May 22 - June 20)
The longest heritage railway in Essex - and the closest to London - is back in steam.
Alongside its normal services, there will be steam trains running between North Weald and Ongar.
Alongside enjoying this historic railway experience, families can also have a picnic lunch and take in the sights of Ongar.
4. Wellgate Farm
Where: Wellgate Farm, Collier Row Road, Romford, RM5 2BH
When: Daily two-hour slots between 10am-12pm and 1-3pm.
This community farm has reopened its doors after being closed for more than a year.
Families are welcome to come and see the range of animals on-site.
Booking is essential.
5. The ArcelorMittal Orbit
Where: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, E20 2AD
When: Friday-Monday - 11am - 3pm.
The world's longest and tallest tunnel slide has reopened, with families invited to enjoy an exhilarating thrill that boasts 12 separate twists and turns.
Visitors are also treated to a view of London's skyline as they prepare to plummet 178 metres.