Canning Town charity to mark milestone with tribute to founder Kevin Jenkins OBE
- Credit: Ken Mears
A charity is planning a celebration to mark its fifth anniversary and tribute to its founder Kevin Jenkins OBE.
Ambition, Aspire, Achieve (AAA) in Canning Town is inviting people to save the date for the event at the Terence Brown Arc In The Park on September 25.
Details have yet to be released, but the occasion is to mark AAA's fifth year as a charity and pay tribute to founder Kevin Jenkins OBE, who died in April.
Meanwhile, staff are busy delivering a summer programme which includes camping trips to Mersea Island and Debden throughout August.
Breaks for young people with special educational needs and disabilities are also running throughout the summer along with daily youth groups.
A Sunday walking club has also restarted as well as garden rangers scheme, cricket and sports club.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to funding provided by Newham Rotary Club, AAA is also delivering a weekly employability project, Moving On & Up, for youngsters aged 14 to 19.
For more visit theaaazone.com/whats-om.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 2 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 3 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 4 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey