�1 Fish man releases offishial video for One Pound Fish
He may not have made on to The X Factor but the �1 Fish Man is still a contender for Christmas number one.
Muhammad Shahid Nazir, a trader at Queen’s Market in Upton Park who is now known as the �1 Fish Man, has just released the official video for his song, One Pound Fish, which features a dance track backing.
In the video the �1 Fish Man dons a black suit and busts moves with dancers, poses with plastic fish and is seen in front of some of London’s most famous landmakers.
And the video also features a cameo from weather presenter Michael Fish.
Bookmakers William Hill are offering odds of 33/1 that the �1 Fish Man will take the top spot on the charts at Christmas.
William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams said: “The �1 Fish Man looks a lively outsider for the Christmas number one and we have installed the song at 33/1 to take the top spot.
“To put that in perspective, he is twice as likely as Justin Bieber to take the top spot and four times as likely as Sir Cliff Richard.”
- 1 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 2 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 4 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 7 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 8 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 9 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 10 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
Nazir moved to London’s East End having left his native Pakistan and his wife and four children to discover a better life for them all.
Working on a market stall selling fish, Nazir needed a trader’s call to grab passing trade. His song became the stuff of legend and a viral sensation, and videos of him have been viewed more than 4million times on YouTube.
After a video of him was uploaded to YouTube, Nazir saw himself accelerated into the spotlight. He auditioned on The X Factor and saw his �1 Fish Song covered by both superstar producer Timbaland and pop star Alesha Dixon.