West Ham's Cho So-Hyun joins rivals Tottenham
- Credit: PA
West Ham United midfielder Cho So-Hyun has joined Tottenham Hotspur for the remainder of the season with an option to make the loan permanent.
Cho joined West Ham in January, 2019 and has made 33 appearances to date, including scoring the decisive spot-kick in their 2019 FA Cup semi-final penalty shootout win against Reading to take the team through to their first-ever final at Wembley.
Cho began her career at WK League side Suwon FMC before joining Incheon Hyundai Steel Red Angels in 2011, helping them to four WK League titles in six seasons.
The midfielder moved on loan to INAC Kobe Leonessa in Japan in January, 2016 where she went on to make 27 appearances, as well as scoring a vital penalty to seal victory in the 2016 Empress’s Cup.
Cho returned to Red Angels for a second spell a year later before joining Avaldsnes IL in the Norwegian top-flight in February, 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Cho featured 20 times in Toppserien, becoming the first female South Korea player to play in Norway.
The 32-year-old playmaker is one of South Korea’s most decorated women’s players and currently holds the record for most caps for the national team with 126, since making her debut in 2007.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
She was named captain for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup and led her country to the round of 16 for the first time in their history.
Subject to FA approval Cho will be eligible to play in our Barclays FA Women’s Super League match away at Chelsea this Sunday, 31 January.