West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- Credit: PA
West Ham United forward Alisha Lehmann has joined Everton on loan from West Ham United until the end of the 2020/21 campaign.
Lehmann is the second high-profile Everton signing during the January transfer window following England great Jill Scott’s arrival on loan from Manchester City.
Talented attacker Lehmann, who turned 22 last week, joined West Ham from Swiss team BSC YB Frauen in summer 2018.
She played a key role in the Hammers’ run to the Women’s FA Cup final in 2018/19 and was nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Season award in her maiden Women’s Super League campaign.
Lehmann declared her belief she can elevate her performances to new heights under the guidance of manager Willie Kirk at Everton.
You may also want to watch:
“It feels amazing to be here,” Lehmann told evertontv.
“Everton is a big club and they have done so well this season. I’m so excited to play, to score goals and win with Everton.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 10 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
“For me, it was my first choice to come here and I am so happy it has happened.
“I’m really excited to meet everyone, to be with the squad.
“I want to score goals and bring my strengths to the team.
“The manager also wants me to use my pace, to make runs, not just for me but also for my teammates.
“I hope Willie can bring me to the next level. I think I have potential and I can work on a lot of things.”
Lehmann’s signing further bolsters a high-quality Everton squad which reached November’s FA Cup final and has been a fixture in the upper echelons of the WSL table in 2020/21.
“I’ve watched their games and I know how well Everton have played this season,” Lehmann added.
“And we signed Jill Scott just a week ago, she is a really big player.
“There are big players here and that makes me even more excited because I can learn from them and they can teach me.
“Hopefully I can bring something extra to the team and keep improving.”