Athletics: Viewtube Runners enjoy Ealing challenge
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s Viewtube Runners took on the Ealing half marathon at the weekend.
Petter Axby led them home in one hour 37 minutes and 20 seconds, just a few seconds outside his personal best.
And Ivaylo Enchev was not far behind in 1:42.09, while Harry Papanastasiou (1:58.25) set a new best after breaking the two-hour barrier for the first time.
Charlie Kingdon (1:59.08) also went below two hours for the first time, paced by Paul Lewis, while Susan McDowell (2:00.20) was not too far behind.
Anna Mutunga (2:25.12) completed the line-up of runners in another best, while several other members volunteered on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Deborah Harouma and Danielle Ashley Turner completed the 10-mile Diabetes UK London Bridges Walk for charity.
Viewtube Runners have started their winter training for spring half and full marathons. All abilities are welcome. See runvt.org..uk
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test