Boxing: Title tests for Camacho, Okolie
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Local cruiserweight rivals Lawrence Okolie and Wadi Camacho fought for British and Commonwealth belts in March, not get new title bouts against unbeaten rivals.
They start this weekend when Camacho, who was stopped in four rounds by Okolie, meets Deion Jumah at York Hall on Saturday for the English title.
Okolie, unbeaten in 13 fights, faces a tough European title challenge at London O2 Arena on October 26 against Belgium's Yves Ngabu who has 20 straight wins to his credit.
Camacho won four title bouts before the loss against Okolie but, at the age of 34, knows he cannot afford another defeat in Saturdays's battle of heavy hitters.
Jumah, 30, launched his pro career with seven wins abroad before returning home and adding four more and looks to crush Camacho's title ambitions.
You may also want to watch:
Newham's Ramez Mahmood, with nine straight wins, faces Jack Budge for the Southern Area featherweight title and the usual packed Goodwin bill sees Sam O'Maison face Kaye Prospere for the English lightweight belt plus bouts featuring Ryan Walker, Ellis Zorro, Sam Cox and Robert Asagba.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years