Stratford judo stars bring home medal haul
Stratford Judo Kwai members bagged a hatful of medals at the Tower Hamlets and Dragon Judo Club Invitation Championship recently.
The Gibbins Road-based club was in outstanding form as they won seven gold, one silver and five bronze medals in the junior novice section and eight golds, four silvers and a bronze in the junior open grade event.
Nine-year-old Rosie Boe excelled in the under-25kg category of the junior open grade where she won gold, while Harry Mateescu (13) impressed as he finished unbeaten in all of his six matches to clinch the gold medal. Farida Salea (14) also won gold in the under-60kg category.
Notable performances in the junior novice section were recorded by Mansur Aslakharob who won gold and an additional trophy for the best fights.
Marko Laughlin (eight) won gold in the under-25kg competition and Gabriel Ipanga, also eight-years-old, matched the gold-medal winning performance, finishing unbeaten in the under-30kg section.
You may also want to watch:
Stratford Judo Kwai representative Mick Foulger said: “It was a long day and some of them had six fights. They all did exceptionally well.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding