Stratford judo stars bring home medal haul
Stratford Judo Kwai members bagged a hatful of medals at the Tower Hamlets and Dragon Judo Club Invitation Championship recently.
The Gibbins Road-based club was in outstanding form as they won seven gold, one silver and five bronze medals in the junior novice section and eight golds, four silvers and a bronze in the junior open grade event.
Nine-year-old Rosie Boe excelled in the under-25kg category of the junior open grade where she won gold, while Harry Mateescu (13) impressed as he finished unbeaten in all of his six matches to clinch the gold medal. Farida Salea (14) also won gold in the under-60kg category.
Notable performances in the junior novice section were recorded by Mansur Aslakharob who won gold and an additional trophy for the best fights.
Marko Laughlin (eight) won gold in the under-25kg competition and Gabriel Ipanga, also eight-years-old, matched the gold-medal winning performance, finishing unbeaten in the under-30kg section.
Stratford Judo Kwai representative Mick Foulger said: “It was a long day and some of them had six fights. They all did exceptionally well.”
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women