School Sport: Aldersbrook triumph in Langdon School Sports Partnership football event
- Credit: Archant
Aldersbrook win LSSP football event
Aldersbrook years five and six boys’ football team had plenty to celebrate after winning the Langdon Academy School Sports partnership football competition.
Forty schools took part in the event, with teams split into eight groups of five for the first round.
The top two in each group then qualified for the knockout stages, which began with the round of 16, followed by the quarter-finals.
Aldersbrook had safely negotiated their way to the semi-finals, along St Anthony’s, Elmhurst and Rosetta.
You may also want to watch:
The semi-finals saw plenty of drama, with both ties going to a penalty shoot-out and Aldersbrook and Elmhurst progressing to the final.
There was also the need for a shoot-out in the third-place play-off, with Rosetta beating St Anthony’s.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 5 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 6 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
In the final, Aldersbrook were able to record a 2-0 victory over Elmhurst to claim the title and be crowned champions at the end of what was a thrilling day of competition.