School Sport: Sandringham crowned badminton champions
- Credit: Archant
Sandringham Primary School pupils served up a gold medal at the Langdon Academy key stage two year five and six badminton racket competition.
A total of 11 teams entered, with them having to take part in different categories, including ladder, catch, crazy, ready and switch across the afternoon at the Newham Leisure Centre.
After all the events had taken place Sandringham were crowned champions with a total of 66 points amassed.
Southern Road finished as runners-up with 62 points while St Edward's bagged third place with 58 points - both providing stern competition for the eventual champions by all finishing near the top of each event.
Sandringham scored their biggest points haul in the ready competition
You may also want to watch:
Carpenters, Lathom, St Joachim's, Ranelagh, Winsor, Curwen, Gainsborough and Keir Hardie made up the rest of the teams that took part in the events.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 3 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 4 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 5 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 8 Newham Muslim groups urge Boris Johnson to condemn attack in Canada
- 9 Leyton Orient sign defender Omar Beckles from Crewe Alexandra
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald