Sandringham beat St Joachim’s to win hockey tournament
- Credit: Archant
Sandringham came out on top in the Key Stage Two Year Five and Six Mixed Hockey Competition last Tuesday.
The event, which was held at the Lee Valley Hockey & Tennis Centre, saw schools from across the local area compete against each other for a trophy.
The teams were split into two separate groups, with the top two teams from each advancing into the semi-finals.
Eventual winners Sandringham topped the first group with 25 points, winning all five of the games they played in.
Finishing in second on 21 points was St Joachim's, who lost just one of their group games.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson topped group two by also winning all five of their games while St Edward's finished in second place.
St Joachim's prevailed over Nelson with a 7-4 victory to set up a final with Sandringham, who beat St Edward's 3-2.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
And it was Sandringham who took home the prize, beating St Joachim's 3-0 in the final.