Fancy being tackled by a rugby union legend?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Virtual tackle body suit gives you the chance to feel the force
If you think you could live with the best that rugby union has to offer than there is a chance for you to feel the force on Friday.
As the Rugby World Cup in Japan kicks into life, you could get into the spirit coming face-to-face with icons of the game Chris Robshaw, Maggie Alphonsi and Jason Robinson.
Contactless Tackle is on Friday, September 13 organised by principal sponsors Mastercard.
They will unveil a new virtual reality experience allowing fans to feel the real power of a professional tackle, using a first of its kind body suit calibrated to give the wearer the sensation of a professional rugby tackle.
You may also want to watch:
The event, launching in the run-up to the first match of the Rugby World Cup, will start at noon and run until 7pm on Friday.
The experience is open to anyone over the age of 16 willing to give it a try at the venue in Exchange Square in London, close to Liverpool Street station.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 3 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham