Old Cooperians’ Reed feels success over Steelers allows team to finish term on a high
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
St Mary’s Lane club returned to action with a 15-10 success on Saturday
Pat Reed was delighted Old Cooperians returned to winning ways with a 15-10 success at home to Kings Cross Steelers in Lodon Three Essex.
Having lost to high-flying East London and Epping Upper Clapton on their previous two outings in the league, the St Mary’s Lane club were looking to get back on the winning trail.
Against Steelers, Tom Wheatley and James Bridgman both crossed for tries with Tony Bly adding the other five points from the tee.
And head coach Reed declared himself pleased with the result Coopers were able to obtain.
You may also want to watch:
Reed, who was not present on Saturday, said: “From what I’ve heard, it was another good win for the boys and they were all pleased with how things went.
“We’re climbing the table with every win and there is a real chance for us to finish this season on a high.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
“These kinds of games against teams higher up the table than us are always nice to win and I’m pleased with how we’re coping with our injury list of late.”