Newham Swords fencers win medals at junior competition
- Credit: Archant
Newham Swords’ young fencers won several medals at the National Leon Paul Junior Series Tournament at Sportsdock last weekend.
In the U9 girls, Gabrielle Wallice-Hughes achieved the best result of her fencing career to date when by taking gold while team-mate Anita Abramenkova took bronze.
Dominik Juras took silver in the U9 boys category after narrowly losing 10-9 in the final but confirmed his position as the number one U9 boy in the LPJS national rankings.
In the U11 girls, Isabella Manlangit added another gold to her collection while U13 boys Daniel Juras, Mikhel Archer and George Hills made it a clean sweep by taking gold, silver and bronze.
U15 girl Zainab Eslami took home a silver in what was her first ever fencing medal.
You may also want to watch:
On the same weekend at the Bristol British Ranking Tournament, a qualifier for the Team GB for the Cadet European and World Championships, England International Sophie Tsang, 13, achieved a personal best by finishing fifth while GB U17 International Ellie Knox came 11th.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 9 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing