Newham first XI come up short against Aztec
- Credit: Archant
Newham first XI fell to defeat against Aztec despite a strong batting display from Nahid Patel.
Having won the toss and choosing to bat, Newham went 10 an over for the first seven overs, however a mix up resulted in Nahid Patel getting out having scored a rapid 47 runs.
The batting fell away and the innings was wrapped up with Newham putting 134 on the board.
They then kept the pressure on with their bowling and took four wickets but many catches went down and Aztec chased down the score with relative ease.
Newham second XI played at home against Roding Valley, with the latter scoring 338 in their 45 overs with Mba Chowdhury hitting a century.
You may also want to watch:
The run chase started shakily but some decent contributions in the middle order, with Tariq Jan (57) top scoring, saw the host team fall short on 212 all out.
The third XI tasted some success as they beat Barking, reaching 199/8 compared with their opponent's 123 all out.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 3 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham