Team Newham crowned London Youth Games regional champions
- Credit: Terry Bobie
Team Newham won its first piece of silverware in the London Youth Games for several years after a fabulous show at this year's much-awaited event.
The team representing the borough played six games, losing only one, in the group stages before then meeting local rivals Team Havering in the game of the tournament.
Newham took a 2-0 lead with goals from Rio Ngumoha and James Lynskey.
Nonetheless Havering hit back well and drew the game level, but with three minutes left on the clock, Levels FC baller Randy Bulakio scored a sensational right-footed strike to put Newham one foot into the final.
Rio put the nail in the coffin with a dazzling run and stupendous finish with just seconds left to play.
You may also want to watch:
The final was one way, Newham beating Islington 3-0 in the final with goals from Rio Ngumoha, Randy Bulakio and Kwabena Charles.
Newham coach Terry Bobie said: "This is a fantastic achievement for our borough, I’m honoured to be a part of it.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
"This is a day that these young men will never forget."