Newham teams cheer more wins
- Credit: Newham CC
Newham fourths claimed a tense one-wicket win over Rainham in their latest outing at the weekend.
Sent into the field after losing the toss, they saw Hamzha get two quick wickets.
Raghu, Jay and Shakeel also had success as the home side slipped to 69-7, before Lee Sutton hit 32 off 31 balls to give his bowlers something to defend with a total of 136.
Hamzha finished with 4-14 as the pick of Newham's attack but their top order batsmen fell cheaply in reply.
Raghu (29) and Anik (60) combined for a telling partnership, but Rainham kept their own hopes alive by taking more wickets as Newham just about got over the line.
The seconds beat Ace Avengers by three wickets with four overs to spare.
Waqas Ahmed (two wickets) made the breakthrough with the ball, thanks to a smart catch from Damion La Pompe, who claimed three wickets of his own.
- 1 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 2 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 3 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 4 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 7 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 10 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
Zaheen Khan (2) and Sacin Neve (3) also had success as Ace Avengers were dismissed for 174, with Kari Ilyas (42) top scoring.
Newham lost an early wicket in reply, but Aswad Mohammed (31) and La Pompe (23) got them ahead of the run rate before Zamir Shah (2) and Arif Godhi (4) got among the wickets.
Neve (65) had support from Roham Pawar (12) and Wacas Ahmed (13) to seal victory for Newham.