Newham seal comfortable victory over Woodford Green
- Credit: Tim Edwards
Newham sealed a comfortable 154-run win over Woodford Green to keep them near the top end of the Hamro Foundation Essex League Division Three table.
Green won the toss and elected to field but Newham ramped up a huge score of 320-6 before bowling their opponents out for 166.
The seconds lost by five wickets to Aztecs in their latest match while the thirds sealed a five-wicket win over Aztecs fifths.
At 61-1 Aztecs were well placed for a good score until Kaim Bidiwala's two wickets in three balls changed things.
Aztecs were dismissed for 109, with Kaim taking four wickets and all the other bowlers also contributing.
You may also want to watch:
Chasing 110, Anuj Sharma and Makhdum Haider provided a steady opening stand of 55 before Abdullah Naqi cut short Makhdum's stay at the crease.
The experienced Naqi, who mostly plays in the Aztecs first team, claimed 4-21 in his spell as Newham stuttered.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
But Nishant Varshney (6*) and Ahsan Parvez (20*) guided Newham home inside 24 overs.