Newham draw positives against Hornchurch Athletic
- Credit: Tim Edwards
Newham had to settle for a draw against Hornchurch Athletic in their Hamro Foundation Essex League Division Three clash at Flanders Field.
After choosing to bat first, the home side posted 259-8 from their 50 overs.
Syed Adnan Ashraf hit an unbeaten 53 off 55 balls, with two sixes and seven fours, and Khawar Khurshid added 56 off just 41 deliveries, hitting four sixes and six fours down the order.
Captain Sajjad Mirza (37), Mohammad Jamil (36) and Wasim Majeed (31) also chipped in with the bat, but the visitors looked well set at 168-2.
Khurshid made the breakthrough to dismiss Athletic captain Sam Samarasekera (79) for his second scalp and Aamir Shaukat (2-24) struck again soon after.
You may also want to watch:
And Khursid picked up three more wickets to finish with 5-31 as Athletic slumped to 184-7, before adding another 18 runs to their total in the final overs.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections