School Sport: Nelson crowned tag rugby champions
- Credit: Archant
Nelson pupils shone in the latest Langdon Academy Sport Partnership event as they won the KS5 Year Five/Six Tag Rugby Mixed Competition.
A total of 16 schools took part in four group where they would be seeded before all progressing into the last 16 for knock-out stage matches.
Nelson sealed a 1-0 victory over Hartley in their first clash before also beating Sandringham in the quarter-finals.
Lathom, Keir Hardie, St Edward's, Park, Central Park, Scott Wilkie and of course Sandringham all made it into the quarter-finals with Hartley, Britannia Village, School 21, Colegrave, Star, St Joachim's, Sir John Heron, and Hallsville all crashed out.
Keir Hardie bagged a penalty shoot-out victory over Lathom, St Edward's beat Park 3-0, and Scott Wilkie sealed a 2-0 win over Central Park to set up the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson came out on top with a narrow 2-1 win over Keir Hardie to bag a spot in the final while St Edward's had to win on penalties after a 2-2 draw with Scott Wilkie.
Nelson then sealed a 2-1 victory against St Edward's to be crowned champions.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years